Jalapeno Poppers are the most classic and crispy appetizers that are popular because of their delicious taste. Mostly they are wrapped in bacon and further crisped to perfection by using an air fryer.
If you have purchased an air fryer, you must want to try new recipes like jalapeno poppers in an air fryer. It is quite tempting to just make frozen food by using an air fryer. You may have seen many recipes like roasted corn in an air fryer. But, you can also make bacon-wrapped jalapeno poppers.
Along with frozen food, you can also make crispy french fries, fish sticks, and many other recipes in an air fryer.
Jalapeno Poppers in an Air Fryer Recipe:
To make an easy appetizer recipe, I will be using fresh jalapeno peppers, bacon to wrap around peppers, etc. Note down the ingredients for jalapeno poppers in an air fryer recipe.
- Jalapeno peppers: 6 pieces
- Cream cheese or American cheese: 4 oz
- Uncured bacon slices: 12 slices thin cut
- Shredded cheddar cheese: ⅓ cup
- Garlic powder: ½ teaspoon
Note: You can use ranch dressing for dripping jalapeno poppers.
- First of all, halve the peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the membranes and seeds from the middle of the jalapeno peppers. (Wash your hands when you are done cutting peppers).
- Now add the cream or American cheese, garlic powder, and cheddar cheese and mix it well.
- The next is to fill the jalapeno pepper with the combination. You can use a silicone spatula to make the filling easier.
- Use bacon slices to wrap each jalapeno peppers. Use ½ or ¾ of bacon size according to the pepper size. Also, start from the bottom so you can tuck in the ends.
- To cook jalapeno poppers in an air fryer, wrap them fairly tight and make sure you have plenty of bacon wrapped around peppers. (It is important because it won’t let bacon shrink and expose the filling).
- Set them on the wire racks now and bake at 370F for 15 minutes. I put 6 jalapeno poppers. Increase the temperature for another 3 to 4 minutes just before taking them out so that bacon will be more crispy.
- Serve them while they are warm and add ranch dressing to dip them if you like it that way.
Jalapeno Poppers in an Air Fryer Cooking instructions:
Always wear a pair of disposable gloves. Wash and cut jalapeno peppers carefully. To cook, place the jalapeno poppers into the air fryer and set the temperature up to 390 degrees for 10 minutes.
If you don’t have an air fryer placed on the rack and a baking sheet, cook it with jalapeno poppers at 400 degrees temperature for 15 minutes. Wait until the bacon is crispy and browned.
Instructions for oven cooking:
If you are cooking jalapeno poppers in the oven, use toothpicks to anchor the bacon into jalapeno pepper. Now place the bacon-wrapped jalapeno on the rack on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at the 350-degree temperature. After that, broil at 400 degrees for more than 5 minutes or until the bacon turns brown and crispy.
Jalapeno poppers in an air fryer recipe variations:
- You can add some sliced onion to the cheese for extra flavor.
- Stuff a small amount of chorizo with the cheese before wrapping them with bacon.
- Monterey jack cheese can be used if you don’t have American cheese.
Jalapeno Poppers Nutritional Facts:
The jalapeno poppers are rich with different types of nutrition. Check out the nutrition facts below.
- Calories: 296k cal
- Carbohydrates: 3 gram
- Protein: 10 gram
- Saturated fat: 10 gram
- Fat: 26 gram
- Cholesterol: 57 mg
- sodium : 365 mg
- Potassium: 193 mg
- Fiber: 0 mg
- Sugar: 1 mg
- Vitamin A: 585 IU
- Vitamin C: 33.2 mg
- Iron: 0.4 mg
- Calcium: 300 mg
You can store it in the fridge for a few days using an airtight container or freezer. When you want to eat it again, just put jalapeno poppers in an air fryer again and reheat them for a few minutes at 350 degrees.
This is the craziest and yummiest jalapeno poppers recipe. Do you love jalapeno peppers? If yes, make sure to give a try to the jalapeno poppers in an air fryer recipe.
Also, read the Difference between Canadian bacon and ham here.